NumPy is the fundamental package for scientific computing with Python. It contains among other things:
- a powerful N-dimensional array object
- sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
- tools for integrating C/C++ and Fortran code
- useful linear algebra, Fourier transform, and random number capabilities
Besides its obvious scientific uses, NumPy can also be used as an efficient multi-dimensional container of generic data. Arbitrary data-types can be defined. This allows NumPy to seamlessly and speedily integrate with a wide variety of databases.
NumPy is licensed under the BSD license, enabling reuse with few restrictions.
- Getting NumPy
- Installing the SciPy Stack
- NumPy and SciPy documentation page
- NumPy Tutorial
- NumPy for MATLAB© Users
- NumPy functions by category
- NumPy Mailing List
For more information on the SciPy Stack (for which NumPy provides the fundamental array data structure), see scipy.org.